Angelica-ConstantDreamer.blogspot.com

My photo
Bronx, NY, United States
the not so random thoughts that flow through my mind?

Friday, February 15, 2008

Art continued

Art reflects the emotions and images of the current year in which it is presented. It evolves with each new encounter. In the 21st century how do we define art? Who states whether a painting is worthy of being placed in a museum? Art is everywhere and should not be reduced to just a canvas with paint or oil.

I want to create a documentary which explores art. It is difficult to distinguish what art is, which is why I hope to gather images on every encounter I have. Art can be the picture of colorful shoes on the floor. Art can be graffiti which is created by an individual’s identity. The music that we hear as we enter the subway platforms are music created by the desperate individual. At the end I hope to create a film which becomes art in itself.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

You may well already be aware of some of these sites, but in case not here are some that may help you in your quest for the documentary (which I hope to see one day!)
juxtapoz.com
thelittlechimpsociety.com
woostercollective.com
artistaday.com
graffitiresearchlab.com

I started out with Juxtapoz and now a large collection of links and RSS feeds addressing artists like the ones you are talking about.

Good luck!