Angelica-ConstantDreamer.blogspot.com

My photo
Bronx, NY, United States
the not so random thoughts that flow through my mind?

Monday, February 11, 2008

Movie's and their Lack of IMAGINATION???


It seems as if every movie I watch feels the need to show me every gruesome or sexual scene.

What ever happened to having the couple enter the room and come out later allowing us to create what happeded in our minds. Do we have to see the sex scenes? It seems as if it makes the movie good however; its really taking away from suspense and the imagination of the viewers.


How bout that scene in Seven, you know that movie with Brad Pitt. In the end do we see Paltrows head in the box? No, all we see is a box that has blood leaking from the outside. The viewers are left to imagine how it looks. Even without seeing the head in the box, we are captivated by Brad Pitts crying whimpers of "Whats in the boooooooooox?" We dont need to see it because it is felt through the acting (I'm not a Pitt fan). Oh but I must add that this movie is quite gruesome.



Sometimes showing a particular scene can actually ruin a movie. When it is shown, if it is not legitimate the viewers become disappointed. This can take a serious movie and make it humorous.

I miss horror films that didnt show the ripping out of a heart or the intestines. I mean come on, John Carpenters Halloween had so little blood but is still a great movie. If you ask me, its one of the greatest horror flicks. Zombie did pretty well in his remake, but Carpenter included so much art in the framing of the scenes.
Classic Scene: Curtis leaning on the wall crying, behind her is a dark black hallway. All of a sudden the white silhouette of Micheal Myers mask appears little by little-I dont know about you but that scene gets me every time.

Most of the time director's are taking a big unnecessary risk. Lets leave out the gruesome and sexual details and get straight to the art of the film.

No comments: