Angelica-ConstantDreamer.blogspot.com

My photo
Bronx, NY, United States
the not so random thoughts that flow through my mind?

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Ting Tings

Ok so as I said before...definately digging the electronic pop rock stuff. So I had to buy The Ting Tings tickets to see em in NY. I believe the tickets were 20 bucks, pretty good if you ask me.

So yea I originally bought the ticket for me and a friend, it was suppose to be a birthday present but yea she ended up bailing out on me. She bailed for some lame reason (i think it was her moms bday oops). But yea so I brought my old roommate who enjoyed the show but complained it was a little too loud (really??!! its a concert!!!)

Lets get back to the show. The opening act was a little too much for me. Usually the opening act is similar to the artist you paid to see; however, this time it wasnt that way. It was some guy (yea i cant even remember his name) who was quite good with playing and banging on his guitar. But after a while it was just annoying.

Ok so once he was done The Ting Tings came on to have the greatest performance ever (ok so i exaggerate but man the energy from them is awesome). Ohh by the way I had great seats (well i was standing), I was leaning right on the stage. Oh they were performing in Webster Hall which is the worst venue everrrrr. But back to The Ting Tings!!!! Ok lets see, well the lead singer (KATIE WHITE) was insanely hyped. So hyped that she knocked over that percussion drum thing that she bangs with the stick (sorry for my poor musical instrument terms). So hyped that when she was insanely strumming her guitar she knocked down the microphone stand. So hyped that she actually threw the cowbell on the floor (I was pretty close to grabbing it).

I must say I have never been so ecstatic before. I still love UH HUH HER...but man The Ting Tings just bring out this energy....!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

riiight bday present.... and riiight lame excuse... ill give u ur lame excuse! looks like it was a really fun show tho... wish i went. there's always next time right?

Alina said...

Angelica you have to come up with smth new around here....otherway i`ll have to think you`re back on sleeping at night....
:))) this is a surprise check....I`ll tell you this...I`m still "out with the waste"...i`ll be back soon...now...do you know who i am? :x